Effective Ways to Enhance Cognitive Learning Skills in Children
Children’s intelligence is a wisdom which needs proper nurturing so that utmost intellectual development can be achieved as they mature. Therefore, the essential role of understanding the principle of cognitive development is paramount. By definition, cognitive development simply refers to a process by which the mental or thought evolution, allows toddlers to deeply introspect or critically analyze their behavior, attitude and actions in relation to the environment where they belong. During childhood stage, the cognitive learning skills of children are evidently seen. Consequently, these intellectual abilities have to be developed step-by-step in order for them to resolve their own problems independently.
Developing the cognitive learning skills of your children necessitate proper guidance and motivation from those significant people around them. Brothers and sisters, extended family members like cousins, uncles and grandparents. As parents, you should be able to spend quality time with your kids as often as possible. Most importantly, you must think of creative and effective ways on how to challenge your children in doing activities they frequently do.
Cognitive learning skills’ stimulation in children require simple activities which are exciting, enjoyable and worth doing. These comprise the following:
- Ball rolling
- Practicing and encouraging your children to memorize new and easy songs through constant repetition
- Story-telling (read aloud, show your child some colorful pictures)
- Conversation using open-ended interrogative sentences with a “yes-no answer”
- Play rhyming words together
- Let your child listen to different music, along with variations of instruments
How to Introduce The Necessary Learning Foundations for Competent Cognitive Learning Skills
The idiosyncratic learning methods for children to competently embellish the development of their unique intelligence, must first and foremost have the need to have a secure and safe environment in the most exceptional manner; that is very much appropriate to make the learning pillars of children beneficial to them in the future. In this connection, it must begin as early as infancy to early childhood stage. To create the kind of environment that has been earlier mentioned, parents should observe and apply these guidelines to attain the desired objectives.
1. React warmly with quickness to your children’s cues to enable your precious treasure to acquire the attention and support that they long for. – In so doing, they are able to experience tenderness, love and care. This particular step gives them the unconditional assurance that you are concerned with their basic needs such as food and loving comfort.In addition, there are several key methods to respond to their cuing actions. This can be any of the following: Warmth, timing, appropriateness and sensitivity
2. Physical gestures such as holding, cuddling. You must always have in mind that touch is the most indispensable source of feeling secure for children. If they feel some sort of inadequacy in this area, their cognitive and physiological development will be severely affected
3. Never overstimulate your children- If you are expecting your child to be someone like Einstein or Shakespeare, you must avoid the ways leading to a negative method of improving their cognitive learning skills by over stimulation. This involves purchasing educational toys which are too expensive. Researches have showed that this gesture of parents brings about stress in children. Therefore, cognition development is likely to become impaired.
4. Do not expose them to physical threats and people who tend to be abusive. – According to scientific research findings, these factors cause stress to your children, which might resonate the manifestation of trauma or extreme fear as they grow old. Would you believe that the kind of toys you buy can also be a stigma to their cognitive development? A practical example is that if you purchase them toys that exhibit violence or aggressive behavior, toddlers might be violent as they age.
Other Effective Tips to Develop Your Children’s Cognitive Learning Skills
Cognitive learning skills in children has the biggest chance or potential to succeed, if you are going to practice and apply these simple and effective methods everyday to have self- actualized children with high self-esteem and a well-rounded personality. Read on and see the difference in your children’s intellectual development each day of your lives together.
- Make it a habit to listen to your children everyday. Parents must learn to have the patience and interest to heed to them whenever they talk. As a result, this will make them confident wherever they are and whatever they do
- Take time out to schedule productive activities such as going to educational and recreational places like museums, zoos and art galleries. This pleasurable mental exercises will turn your children into an inquisitive and logically thinking persons
- Play with your children some activities that will further thrive their analytic and analogy skills. The best example of this activity is ask them to place orange buttons in a container with the same color and the green buttons inside a canister that is colored green.
Children are born without unique and exceptional talents. Perhaps, the only tool that is lacking is learning how to unleash the best of they are.