Friendships : Tips on How to Talk to Your Young Teen about Friendship
Friendships are an important part of life. And finding new friendships and friendly relationships is an important developmental task for preteens and teens. Parents can help their teens in choosing their friends, however, parents must give their teenager some freedom in choosing who they want to hang out with. Below are some teachable moments on how to talk about friendships with your teenager.
Tips on How toTalk to Your Young Teen about Friendship
- Let them know that they are allowed to have many friends.
- How Honesty is important in a friendship.
- Friends sometimes hurt each other, but they can apologize and forgive.
- Friends can influence each other, both in a positive way and in a negative way.
- Who you choose to be your friend is important, it is essential that you choose wisely and that you benefit from the friendship.
- It takes many learned skills to make and maintain a friendship; it also takes many skills to end a friendship.
- It is okay and even beneficial to make friends with the opposite gender.
- It takes time to make a good friend, but it is worth the effort as having a confident can help a teenager with stress.
- Spending time together will help you get to know your friends well, so that you can feel comfortable sharing feelings.
- A good friendship will make you feel good about yourself.
True that making new friends can be very difficult yet its also rewarding.