How to Save on Holiday Shopping?
‘Save and Shopping’ — two words you never thought you’d find together in a sentence. The coming of the holidays signals the start of seemingly endless Christmas shopping. And what could be worse than finding out at the end of the year that your bank account is down to three digits, while all you credit cards are all maxed out! I know how hard earned your shopping budget is, so below are ways to save and spend less this season– without having to cut less on holiday presents for your loved ones.
Ways to Save on Holiday Shopping :
- Pay in Cash – Spend only what you have on hand, logically, you can’t overspend. If you are wary about carrying cash around, some ATM accounts can now be used as debit cards. However, using cash is not complete guarantee that you’ll cut down on spending. As far as buying is concerned, ‘Be a planned spender’. Canvass for prices and suppliers before making a purchase. Scout for the best deals.
- Buy in Bulk – When you buy in bulk, or more of the same time items, chances are, prices will come out cheaper per piece, or you get a bigger discount on you purchase. Scout for factories or manufacturers who can produce items in large quantities. For gift ideas, I suggests home items like scented candles and frames, or fashion accessories such as earrings, bags and necklaces.
- Give Group Gifts – When summed up, individuals gift can cost a lot. For example, employees can pool their money together to get something for their boss, like a nice bottle of wine or a restaurant gift certificate. Or you can give a box of pastries or special empanada to your kids’ teachers at school.
- Sales and Special Promos – Look for sales and special promos, shoppers should take advantage of them since their offers are temporary. Just make sure , though, that what the store offers are not old stocks or the last remaining pieces.
- Give Gift Certificates – If you only have a P500 budget for your ‘inaanak’ but can’t find a suitable toy worth that amount, don’t sweat it. Most department stores and toy stores sell gift cards or gift certificates that give your ‘inaanak’ the privilege of choosing whatever he wants.
- Shop Online – You can just click away at stuff you like! However, be disciplined in making purchases. There are a lot of unique items that you can’t find in malls. Plus, there are more choices online, which also means a wider price range. Also, when doing online shopping, do it early and don’t trust easily. Watch out for scammers.
- Use Credit Card Points – Some credit cards allow its cardholders to earn points. This season is a good opportunity to take advantage of all the rewards points you’ve earned. Don’t have enough rewards points? With allow of 2,000 rewards points, you can get a gym bag or a multi-purpose utility tool for a male office mate. For your friends, choose gift certificates for relaxing back and foot massages. How’s that for cash less shopping? :D
Category: How To