Leading a Stressful life? Go on a Mini-Retreat!
Leading a stressful life? Stress is a major problem for many people – a hectic, stressful job, a chaotic home life, bills to worry about, and bad habits such as unhealthy eating, drinking and smoking. If you are leading a stressful life, you don’t have to go off on expensive retreats to relax and rejuvenate yourself.
If your life is full of stress, like mine, there are some simple things you can do to get your life to a more manageable level. Our life will probably never be stress-free, because stress is something that challenges us and helps us grow. However, when stress gets too high, it causes us to be unhappy and unhealthy. So make a small adjustments to your everyday life and feel the change.
Ways to Live a Less Stressful Life
- Breathe Easy. Air that is highly charged and polluted stresses your body without you even knowing it. Get an air purifier to prevent illness like asthma and colds.
- Take a break. Instead of taking a coffee break, walk around your house or office to stretch your muscles and get your hear beating and blood flowing.
- Do something calming. What do you enjoy that calms you down? I calmed myself by doing household chores, cooking and taking a bath.
- Sit up. Hold your back straight and your head directly on top of your spine, so you won’t strain or tax your bones.
- De-clutter. My favorite thing. I like to take 30 minutes or 1-hour just go through a room, getting rid of stuff we don’t use or need anymore. I look around at anything that’s cluttering up a room, and get rid of it or find a better place for it. When I’m done, I’m happy.
- Drink up. Replenish your body with water to wash away bad elements.
- De-stress. Take a minute to be completely quiet. Close your eyes, empty your mind of doubts and worries, zone out.
So how do you keep the stress in your life? Share in the comments.