homeescapade.com, builder and operator of the homeescapade.com platform, is a member of several industry groups that focus on effective communication, best practices, and policy review in the field of Online Behavioral Advertising (OBA). These organizations include the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), and the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). We are compliant with both the NAI and DAA self-regulatory codes.
We believe that delivering targeted and relevant advertising enhances your internet experience. We collect non-personally identifiable information from many of the websites in which an homeescapade.com button is enabled, and use that information to deliver targeted advertising on those websites as well as other websites you may visit. If you prefer that we do not collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information about your website visits for the purpose of delivering targeted advertising, you may opt out.
When you opt out, we will place an opt-out cookie on your computer. The opt-out cookie tells us not to use your information for delivering relevant online advertisements. Please note that if you block cookies, our opt-out process may not function properly. Please also note that if you delete, block, or otherwise restrict cookies, or if you use a different computer or Internet browser, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
Privacy Practices for Visitors to the homeescapade.com Site
(a) The Information We Gather and How We Use it: The Site is primarily directed to Publishers, although we welcome End Users who want to know more about our Services. When you access the Site or Services, we may collect the following information:
- Personal Information – We collect Personal Information when you knowingly provide it, including when you register for the Site, provide feedback, or request information. Personal Information is information that may be used to identify or locate an individual, like a person’s full name, postal address, e-mail address, or phone number, as well as other non-public information that is associated with this Personal Information. We use your Personal Information to administer your account and provide you services, to send communications and administrative emails, to respond to your inquiries, and to send marketing and product update messages to those who ask for such messages. Typically, Publishers, rather than End Users visit the Site in order to access and register for the Services.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information – We collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information automatically when you visit our Site. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is information that is not used nor intended to be used to personally identify an individual and is not associated with nor linked to Personal Information. This Non-Personally Identifiable Information we collect via the Site includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and the web page you have visited immediately prior to visiting the Site.
(b) Information Sharing: We share Personal Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information collected via the Site with other companies or individuals as follows:
- When they help us operate our business, such as with vendors that assist us in sending email, marketing and customer service.
- With third parties if we have a good faith belief that access, use, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or an enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce the applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of homeescapade.com, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- With any of our subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us, in which case we will require them to honor this policy. Additionally, in the event we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information may be among the assets transferred.
- With third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Information;
- In addition, we may aggregate your Non-Personally Identifiable Information with the Non-Personally-Identifiable Information of others and share that aggregated information with third parties without restriction.
(c) Forums: We may make interactive forums available on the Site. Any information that you post to these interactive forums or otherwise choose to make publicly available, including your Personal Information, may be disclosed and available to all users who have access to any interactive forum and is no longer private. Please be thoughtful about what you post and make publicly available through our interactive forums.
Information Security, Retention, and Data Integrity
We take reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include firewalls and encryption, internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
We restrict access to Personal Information to homeescapade.com employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations. However, we are unable to guarantee that the security measures we take will not be penetrated or compromised or that your information will remain secure under all circumstances.
We retain Non-Personally Identifiable Information on the Platform for up to five years. Any search strings we collect via the homeescapade.com Button are converted into Non-Personally Identifiable Information, and the raw search data is stored on our server logs for up to 90 days. Aggregate reports generated from such information may be kept longer.
homeescapade.com processes information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected.
homeescapade.com will allow an individual access to their Personal Information to the extent it is available and allow the individual to correct, amend or delete inaccurate information, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the case in question or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated. If you have provided Personal Information when registering for our Site, you may access and modify that information at any time by visiting your account settings (http://homeescapade.com/settings). If you’d like us to update, correct, delete, or deactivate any other Personal Information that you have provided to us, please send your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process your request within a reasonable period of time after receipt.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from individuals who are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site or Services are designed to attract people under the age of 13. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. If we obtain knowledge that a user is under the age of 13, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site and Services contain links to, and allow you to share content on, third party websites and services. The fact that we link to a website or service or allow you to share content on them is not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
The Site and Services are hosted in the United States. If you access the Site or Services from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be advised that through your continued use of the Site or Services, you are transferring your Personal Information to the United States and you consent to that transfer. Additionally, you understand that your Personal Information may be processed in countries (including the United States) where laws regarding processing Personal Information may be less stringent than in your country.
Enforcement, Questions, and Complaints
Last Updated: August 8, 2012.