Why ‘God particle’ Matters? 6 Reasons to Focus
The science world may have experienced one of its biggest days on Wednesday, July 4 when the scientists announced that they might have found the ‘God particle’. It is a kind of sub-atomic particle known as boson, which might be the long-sought Higgs boson particle.
The discovery can be considered vital for six reasons:
1. It marks a crossroad in science. It clearly indicates that the particle physics has so far been running on the right track.
2. The physicists can now try to go to an unexplored zone where no scientist has gone before. It will bring the physicists closer to explaining some mysteries of the universe.
3. There is a possibility that this research may not lead to immediate and direct applications to day-to-day life.
4. It will help the scientists to get some basic solutions of the evolution of the universe.
5. It can remodel the whole structure of physics to a new one. Changes may come in the way physics is taught in school.
6. Finally and most importantly, it proves that long and hard work will not go unpaid.